Tuesday 7 June 2011

My Simple Din dins

I had only myself to please today so I decided to eat the garden for dinner. 
First  - go out and pick. I chose mangetout, beetroot from the back garden and calebrese from the front. (It was all that was ready really.)


Wash carefully.


The trimmings go in a compostable receptacle.


Cook in one pan to save energy.


Serve with homemade bread and yesterday's left-over roast potato.


I did not grow dessert but I did use the same plate.



How many a day is that?

4 comments:

  1. Fruit-tastic! Great to be able to eat own grown. Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tremendously healthy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious. I love beetroot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Healthy and tasty too I'll bet. Adore the granny blanket you posted about recently - stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.