Tuesday 30 August 2011

Nearly there

This WTHP (work that has progressed) is being put on hold for a bit while I do other things. It has been put into use though. This is the blanket we sat on when we went for a picnic at the sand dunes. The bed is now full of sand!


I decided on a mix of colours for each large square. All the central small squares are red (they have a different coloured centre). The other squares rotate around the red square. The large squares are edged by each colour and I intend to do rainbow colours around the edge - some time!


It's quite heavy as all the wools were double knit.

10 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous. I'm still plodding on with my blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colours and the way the blanket is coming together. Sand in the bed, not so nice.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It`s lovely. The colours are so fresh. It should be warm in the winter if it is double knit wool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blanket looks very pretty and very cosy!
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours of the blanket it's really pretty. Am really enjoying reading your blog. Am coming up to Blackpool in early November for the weekend for the Will young concert can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mum, that blanket is really lovely. It looks so homely and you've put masses of work into it, that's obvious!

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is lovely I have not seen the squares put together that way,looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks lovely and so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love the edgings. Very pretty and cosy indeed! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear Mum, you know how jealous I get of people that can crochet - even more so now I've seen your blanket - love it to bits xxx
    Bertie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.