Saturday 4 February 2012

Desert Island Discs

I'm happy to join Anne of Marmalade and Catmint, who asked bloggers to contribute to her Virtual Desert Island Discs challenge. 8 favourite tunes needed to be picked to take to a desert island along with 1 book to read and 1 luxury item. Here are my choices. They may not appeal to all and they may offend some. Enjoy the ones you like and pass over the ones you don't.

1

What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong

I love Louis' rendition of these beautiful lyrics, plus it was featured at the end of the television version of Hitch-hikers' Guide to the Galaxy.


2

I Love to Boogie by T. Rex

It just makes me want to dance.

3

Whispering Grass by Windsor Davis and Don Estelle

Don Estelle's voice is haunting.


4

Living Doll by Cliff Richard

Like Anne's Donny Osmond and David Cassidy, teenagers of my era either liked Cliff Richard or Adam Faith. Most of my friends took a shine to Cliff and I felt sorry for poor old Adam so I said I fancied him more! I also liked Cliff. He liked him aswell!


5

6

Imagine by John Lennon

I love the lyrics to this one too.


7

Go West by the Pet Shop Boys

This is such a stirring song, which ever way you interpret it.


8

I'd Rather Be Dead by Harry Nilsson

This is not everyone's cup of tea but I like it. A large group of elderly people made up the backing group.



My luxury would be a small glass of sherry to be taken just before an afternoon nap. It does get rather hot on a desert island so I would need a siesta.

My book would be:-


I would be able to sing to my heart's content (good exercise for the lungs) and I could learn all the words to the songs (good exercise for the brain - stop me going crazy!) and I could dance to the song once I'd learnt all the words (good exercise for the body).


 This would mean that I would be in pretty good shape for when I would be rescued. (Hopefully a fortnight after I'd been ship-wrecked. I don't want to overdo things.)


There's method in the madness!

Welcome aboard, Amber, I hope we don't get shipwrecked or you may think I am mad!

Altogether now.


9 comments:

  1. 2 and 8 are my favourites here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 and 6 get my vote. There is good method to your madness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh, just played clemintine. Haven't heard that for a while. Thanks for fun memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's only a couple there that I don't know. I love What A Wonderful World, my daughter sung that as part of her last singing exam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on all of those except Windsor & Don mum .... great choices .... pop over to my blog there is an award for you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like quite alot of those too but I have never sat down and thought what I would choose,perhaps I should!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super choices Mum. Thanks for sharing.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like all those above apart from the last one (8).

    Good list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.