Wednesday 1 August 2012

Hello - how's it going?

Hello to new follower, lurker and commenter. Lovely to see you. It's cleaning day today - as normal.



The porch was looking rather grubby so it had a quick sweep and a wipe down of the paintwork and floor.


I couldn't reach too high up though.


While the front door was open I could see the front garden looking very colourful with drifts of crocosmia and montbretia ...



... so I harvested a few stems for the front room.


I also pick the seed heads each year. Here in the porch is a vase of the dried flowers.


Hey ho, hey ho, it's off to clean I go!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, you have a lurker...that's exciting!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Montbretia is way ahead of ours, never thought about using the dried flower heads, thanks!
    I love your stained glass window.
    Our cats have moved back indoors - hope this isnt an omen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the flowers and the stain glass above your door. Thanks for the poke. I'm sure it will get me going. : )

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Lucifer, how I love it. Mine is about 5ft tall. It needs some tying up though and I must buy some more poles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.