Wednesday 26 September 2012

Close, very close

Layout patches, batting and backing. Just a practice table runner, not a bed quilt just yet.


Practise quilting a little sample piece - to zig zag or not to zig zag was my question.


I decided on zig zag because quite a few of my squares didn't line up!


Put edge strips on - not quite got into corners yet.


Pin in place.


Can you see the stitches on the back?


All will be revealed soon. I've already started making blocks out of the scraps of scraps and ordered a mat, cutter and ruler from Amazon. I think I'm hooked. Oh dear!




6 comments:

  1. It's so easy to get hooked on new crafts, isn't it? Quilting is something I haven't got in to yet. Looking very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A whole new world will be opening up now!1 Ha quilting can be addicting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, can't wait to see it finished.
    My 1st and only piece was a place mat done in scrappy patchwork. Turned out ok but sad to say I'm not hooked.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good. You will love having the right equipment when making your next quilt. :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. believe me you can quickly get hooked on it. Good job on your first attempt. I am making a baby quilt at the moment, that has to be finished by a week on Saturday!!! Better get on with it.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I loved my Quilting day at Frugal Queen's, but haven't done any since. Still looking for a sewing machine.

    I love the colours of your fabrics and it all looks pretty good to me, so far. Can't wait to see the full reveal.

    Arwedd xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.