Monday 14 January 2013

Kitchen Window - January 2013

Drip, drip, drip down the single glazed window so not so much on the windowsill this month.


The cup was left there after I'd washed it up. One of our friends likes drinking out of china cups. His wish is my command.


The entree (Is that the correct word?) dish was a Christmas present from another friend who's a CS shopper extraordinaire. It's very pretty.


No, it wasn't the correct word. It's a chip and dip dish.

xx

PS Don't look at the black mould. Roll on spring.

PPS Here's something that will brighten up my windowsill ...


Carol, from Tales from Spring Cottage, and her beautiful daughter called today to pick up some books (de-clutter books - aren't I good) ...


and she brought me these lovely roses plus some daffodils.


Did you notice the clean brass as you came in?


Grandma likes the brass clean!


xx









17 comments:

  1. All of my windows are single glazed, so I always suffer from condensation at this time of year. It's a real bind but as this isn't my property, I have to wait until our social housing landlord decides to get it done.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Oh and by the way, that dish is lovely, you know how much I like old glass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No double glazing here either ...just streaming windows...roll on spring.
    Just love your roses .. how kind.

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spy green in the (very shiny)doorknob! I'm longing for green.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flowers are so pretty and such a gorgeous blast of colour on a dull and cold day. So is that little cup and saucer. Have a lovely week, dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers are in a BEAUTIFUL Vase! And I really like the chips and dip plate, it appears to be with a pedistal?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house always looks so homely and welcoming.

    Lovely roses in exchange for those books. I find it SO hard to get rid of books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Double glazing sure does make a difference. Beautiful flowers, and you've done really well parting with books, I always find it hard to do. I polished Eleanor's silver cup at the weekend as it needs returning for this year's festival soon, I find it really relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet dishes... love things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done you on sort out on your books. Like the Dartford Warbler, I find it difficult to get rid of them. Beautiful roses. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have double glazing yet still suffer from condensation! Love the cup and saucer x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't just use it for chips n dip. I use mine for pickles, cheese and crackers, or whatever nibbles need putting out.

    Flowers brighten up any room!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Double glazing but still lots of condensation here - windows flung open in the morning to dry them... brrr... I love china cups, so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How pretty -- and polishing brass -- how ambitious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have double glazing but having to put up with condensation. It must be the very very wet atmosphere.
    Last night we have started reading the Famous Five no1.
    Thank you so very much for the book mum, they will be enjoyed for years to come. Now I have to do some extra decluttering lol.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Flowers. I have dripping windows every winter. Such a pain.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.