Sunday 15 September 2013

Virtual Tea Party Invite

Who is invited?

Anyone who reads this blog, whether they have their own blog or not.

When is it?

It's usually been near the end of October at the weekend so how's about Sunday 27th October. (Please put the date in your diary.) There's plenty of time to prepare a post if you have a blog and wish to join in. 

What do I have to do if I join in?

If you have a blog all you need to do is to prepare a post on something to do with a Tea Party on the day and I will link to your blog. If you haven't got a blog then all you need to do is visit participating blogs and leave a comment. Simple, no sweat.

We've had some great Tea Party hosts and I hope they will consider joining in again. Your post can be long or short, it doesn't matter. Here's a few suggestions.

Show off your favourite - teapot, china, tablecloth, cake stand ...
Take a picture between now and the day of - cake, sandwich, scone, party food, nibbles, drinks ...
Show off some favourite sandwich fillings.
Take a picture of favourite - dress, hat, shoes, gloves, fascinator, brooch, necklace ...
Converse on - weather, holiday, family, hobbies, books read, films seen ...
Take a picture of your garden, bunting, table layout, garden decorations, house decorations ...

If you have more ideas please say.


Dear Bloggy Bloggers,
Just a jingle from me,
How's about a meet
For a special cup of tea?

Tea, buns and cakes
With sarnies for your mam.
Scones with naughty cream
And a smear of strawberry jam.

Bring out your cake stands
Teapots, cloths 'n' that
Polish up your china
Choose your poshest hat

Wear your bestest frock
Bring your closest friend
To chat, laugh and giggle.
This invite to you I send.

Joy, it's just you and me at the moment. See you there!





14 comments:

  1. Great idea. Put me down for scones and jam. Brilliant excuse to have a cream tea. Lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in. I fancy some lovely sandwiches, without crusts of course, and tea in some pretty cups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know me...I'll not miss a party!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely I will be there.
    Pam in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll give you a mensh on my blog later this week, to see if we can get a few more partycipants (ooh, I love that word) Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely, this sounds great, i will put a link on my blog too, but i wont be able to take part...booo! as we're packing for the move.
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I come, too?? I LOVE tea! I will make something yummy! xxoo can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to join this tea party. That is the day before my birthday and I'm feeling old and lonely, so spending that time with new friends would be much nicer than spending that time all alone.

    I will have a dig into some boxes and hidden spots and find some of my tea-related items.

    I have a blog, which I am trying to resurrect, but unable to post photos at the moment so won't even bother with my blog info for right now.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double celebration then. We'd love to help you celebrate - you won't be alone. I shall look forward to your post and hope you can sort out how to upload pictures so we can view your tea-related items. China? Teapots? Tablecloths? Ooh, we'll have to wait and see.
      xx

      Delete
  9. Hello I'd like to join in the tea party please.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like we are getting some more "participants"! I'm been thinking on what I will do, and am excited to see what you other girls do. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you check out my site, you will see I attended a tea party on Saturday, Oct. 27, 2013. Dianne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.