Monday 3 February 2014

Plan B and beyond

The disappearing 9 patch can yield numerous variations. These ones are better than my first try.







I'm going to choose just one design block and make a repeating pattern. The finished quilt or table runner (choices, choices) will be for a friend. Perhaps I'd better ask her which she wants before I start sewing the blocks together. (She might not want anything at all as the colours are rather 'loud'. The fabric was once 3 fancy dress fifties dresses which she made herself. When she was having a de-cluttering session she gave them to me to recycle.)

xx

6 comments:

  1. I like the 2nd one best!
    those are loud colors, would look great as a runner,
    with a couple of rows of softer sashing around it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you say - she might not want them back !
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much nicer. I like the first and the last best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of a maths test!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. decisions, decisions, They all look good to me however I do think maybe a table runner,
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.