Friday 19 December 2014

Mum's Advent Calendar 19, Days Left 6

Find the blue in two.


I made shortbread the other day. Actually I made a mess!


The shortbread is a 2-4-8-12 recipe.

* 2 tblsp cornflour
* 4 oz icing sugar
* 8 oz soft butter
*12 oz SR flour

Mix together until it forms a ball - probably not in a mixer because it throws up snow all over the work surface. 'Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.'


Roll out not too thinly and bake in a 150C oven for about 20 minutes.

Can you see where the tub of cocoa and the pen were?

The trick is to not let them go brown but still be cooked. Note the following picture is before I put them in the oven.


I've not shown you them cooked as I've not fully perfected the trick yet. :} Let's just say some will be eaten here rather than given as a gift! Maybe next year.


I am linking my Advent Garland to KC's Court again this year for a really Advent Bloggy Christmas.



xx

5 comments:

  1. I found them ( it) I found it !!

    Oh you mean dark brown isn't the colour you are aiming for ??

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biscuits and the like huh!......what is the secret for making good ones? I sure don't have it!! Suzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely and easy recipe, thank you very much. I do hope that you have a wonderful Christmas. Woo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. He he he! Love the snowy fallout :) We make shortbread and add lemon zest to make the most delicious lemony shortbread - yum yum! I have never made them in star shapes - think I shall give that a try this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny - my kitchen looked like that yesterday too. Perhaps making shortbread in the mixer is NOT a good idea!
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.