Monday 11 January 2016

Organised or what?

Organised probably. Organised hopefully. The start of the year sees a new (to me) Citrus Piazza Filofax containing the first 3 months of 2016.


Happy New Year to me.


Inside there is a yearly calendar - are we up to the 11th already? Nearly half of January has gone!


The birthday pages come next.


I've made a January divider from a home made Christmas card and put a verse on the front.


This verse I've not tampered with.


A small easily transferable insert holds my cleaning schedule telling me which rooms to sparkle each day.


This schedule has morphed from this post which listed my daily tasks - 

* suggested daily tasks to clean one toilet, one sink and vacuum one room with a choice of either cleaning a shelf, cupboard, drawer, skirting board or picture rail (which I've called swing tasks). I also aim to focus on a very quick overview and tidy of one room each day. The theory is that I'll have sparkling loos and sinks all the time and over time all my cupboards and drawers will be sorted and kept in order. :}

The dingle dangle is an old ear-ring of DD's. (Colour co-ordinated with the organiser of course!)


Right, I'm all set. Organised or what?!

xx



11 comments:

  1. That's a rather nice colour, love the inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd no idea that people still used Filofaxes. I had something similar in the 1980s, but not used one for a very long time. But this makes me think it wouldn't be a bad idea. Do you carry it around with you in your bag? It would certainly add to the weight!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so organized! Would a filofax do that for me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is pretty colour green. Think I may borrow your tasks, especially the vacuum one room with a choice of either cleaning a shelf, cupboard, drawer
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant start the year without having a diary filled out with all my family and friends birthday etc. Love the organiser :-) dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have something similar but it is my Household Notebook and it is an A4 binder and it contains everything I need to run the house. Weekly to do lists,cleaning list, menu plans, shopping lists, freezer inventory, phone number list, household(ad hoc things for the house like takeaway menus, budgets and ongoing paperwork then things for the boys and school. I like everyting in one place. I've had one of these for about 3 years and changes to my needs every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just been over to your blog to have a good read. All the best on your life journey. I was thinking about 'doing' a home binder and have been looking at videos. I wonder if you could post about yours sometime to give me some more inspiration! Like you my notebooks change every now and then as my systems kick into place.
      xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks for visiting my new blog. Here is a link from my old blog about my Household Notebook; pop it into your browser and I hope it helps.x http://athomewithmrsh.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/a-scribbler-i-was-blogger-i-be.html

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the link. My main personal Filofax deals with most of the household/cleaning stuff and has a to do list each day. I'll do a post on my cleaning schedule sometime.
      xx

      Delete
  7. That's a lovely filofax. I'm considering getting a planner, but can't decide. I like your cleaning system. Cleaning a toilet/sink and working on one room every day is a really good idea. I might take note and implement something similar myself, as I'm aiming to get into a proper cleaning routine this year. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.